7/23/2008

MY ABC DREAM HOME, By: SanPaul Held

I am the proud (and happy) owner of an ABC Dream Home. By profession, I am a lawyer in SL and in RL. A few months ago I read an article that was published in the California Law Journal. The article talked about how lawyers and law firms are establishing a presence in SL. I already knew a little bit about SL. My dear friend, and ABC Homes Sr. Sales Rep., Debbie Bulloch had told me about her experiences in SL. It all sounded very interesting, so I decided to take the plunge.

From reading the article in the law journal I knew that I wanted to try practicing law in SL and see how that would go. Accordingly, one of my first decisions was to get some land and set up an office. This is where Debbie stepped right up to the plate. The first thing Debbie did was to set me up with some land. Because I did not know if I was going to stay in SL for a very long, she suggested that I rent a small parcel instead of buying land. Debbie has an extensive network of SL contacts and as it turned out, one of her friends had Linden Land for rent for a very low price. So Debbie arranged it for me to meet with her friend and before you could say ABRACADABRA I had rented a small plot of land—just perfect for a first time office.

The next question was to find a suitable office building. Originally, my plan was to get a small office building and then maybe buy some land and a home. But Debbie had other plans. She suggested that I buy a building that could be used both as an office and a house. What a clever idea!

In RL my very first office was a converted two-story house. The office was on the first floor of the house; the upstairs were my living quarters. It was not the best possible arrangement but it worked just fine for a young lawyer just getting started (plus the commute to work was very short which saved me both time and money).

So Debbie’s idea of selling me a house that could both serve as an office and as a home sounded great to me. We agreed to meet at the ABC Homes store and there Debbie took me on a tour of the store. I was surprised to see all the beautiful houses that the ABC builders had created. I was just awesome; there were ALL kinds of houses. There were simple, one-room cottages and there were multi-room, executive houses. The level of detail, as well as the quality of construction, was all very impressive.

After looking at all the beautiful homes sold by ABC Homes, we finally we arrived at the location of the house that Debbie had picked out as my perfect dream house-office. There, standing before me there was a very nice, very well made two story house. The house was called the Swiss Chalet. The house is one of Yucca Gemini’s designs and it was very nicely done.













I stepped inside and right away I knew this was the prefect building to house my office and my living space. As you can see from the photographs, the house looks small on the outside (perfect for my small parcel) but it is very large inside. As I looked around the inside of the house, I noticed all the nicely detailed touches. The window curtain system is very clever and it allows complete control over how much light to let in or how much privacy is desired. Instead of stairs, which take up so much room in a small house, the house has a simple and effective TP system.

One of the best things about ABC Homes is that they are full copy/full mod. This means that a homebuyer can modify his house; no two houses are exactly like. The full copy feature means that in the future, if I buy more land, I can rezz a full town full of houses (all different because they are full mod) and not have to spend another Linden on houses.

As nice as the Swiss Chalet, there were a few things that I wanted changed, to make the house feel truly mine. Debbie put me in touch with the builder and yucca met me at my house. Once there, I showed yucca what changes I wanted. In no time at all, yucca had made the modifications that I wanted and my house looked exactly the way that I wanted. I have taken some pictures to show you the charming outside of the house as well as the nicely done interiors. As you can see, the first floor makes a perfect setting for a law office.













I highly recommend ABC Homes for the purchase of your dream home. Everyone there is very nice and helpful. The Sales Manager, Mickey Geest, and the sales staff (sorry I do not remember all of their names) are always ready to help customers. Mickey has chosen a sales staff from Europe and the USA so customers are guaranteed that there will always be someone in-world to answer their questions. (Editor’s Note: ABC’s professionally trained sales staff includes Sez Innis, Reagan Nicholls, Xena Faulkes and Indra Yun). Sr. Sales Rep. Debbie Bulloch is a hard working sales rep. She goes out of her way to help customers realize their dream of home ownership. In my case she helped me get land I needed and the right house to put on the land. ABC’s owner, Dawn Islander, strives to provide quality homes and excellent after-sales service. Her philosophy has made ABC Homes the go-to place for home shopping.

Count me as another happy ABC customer. If you are looking for a house, come on down to ABC Homes, you will be pleasantly surprised.

SanPaul Held
July 23rd 2008

No comments: